Thursday, July 8, 2010

Engish Classes - The Food Pyramid

One of our English classes involved teaching the food pyramid. This followed an art class in which the children learned about the food pyramid and stuck on signs of the various food groups. Here are some shots of our lesson.

(Left - "Head" teacher Amanda helps one student stick her "English" food sign onto the white board - why do they make them so high??)

(Right - a student ponders her card - which has the Spanish word on one side and the English equivalent on the other)


(Left - "Perhaps if we work together, it MAY be easier?")

(Right - the word is "carne" in Spanish - that is meat in English)




(Left - a student is called to the front to give the translation and then pin it to the board - in the right place)


(Right - I hope that I am NOT picked ext!! - But in case I will memorise the word")






(Left - our "Head" teacher Amanda, helps another student, whilst the regular teacher looks on)

(Right - "I can draw the food pyramid, and color it in")





(Left - the class activities can be very rewarding, if you get "right" into them - a desk width is no obstacle")

(Right - "That is the colour pencil that I want!")



(Left - desks are much more comfortable than chairs anyway")


(Right - the concentration of making my book the best possible - and that way I can get a pretty sticker)

No comments: