Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chiang Mai


(L - My room at the Holiday Inn - Chiang Mai - luxury!!)

(R - The view from the 18th floor is great in this direction)




(L - And also on the river side)

(R - I took a quick trip up town to pay the balance of money due on my elephant visit - I tried a "tuk-tuk" the local cheap form of transport - basically a low powered motor bike with seats for 2 behind the driver - I am not sure just what rules apply to tuk-tuk as ours didn't stop for anything - including traffic lights!!

(L - The view from inside the tuk-tuk)







(L - Now try the movie to get some idea of the journey)




(R - A broom seller peddling his wares along the streets)


(L - One of the main temples in town)







(L & R - There is an old walled part of the town, known as The Old City)








(L - a very dirty canal is inside the walled city)

(R - Further out of town tourist vessels ply the very muddy coloured water of the river)



(L - Tourist boarding the vessels!!)








(L - Back to my hotel - Holiday Inn - about an hour's walk from the center of town)

No comments: